There are moments in life that remind us of how much we are blessed by good family and friends in our lives.
- When a family member passes away
- When a child is born
- When that empty-nest feeling settles upon you
- When sickness comes
- When loneliness settles upon your heart
The list can go on, but there are just times when we are thankful to have someone with us.
I believe I need my church family in my life. It is not a building, three-piece suits, pews, or formality; the church is the people who have placed their faith in Jesus Christ and have joined themselves together to serve God. They are more than just casual acquaintances. They are more than just people to see on Sunday. They are family.
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.Hebrews 10:25
“So much the more,” the Bible says. Now, more than ever!
If Covid-19, Presidential elections, violent protests across the country, or life in 2020-2021 has taught us anything, it should be that it is a treasure from God to have a church family in our lives.
I am grateful for my church family.
- People who will pick you up in the Lord when you fall
- People who will point you back to the word of God
- People who help you carry your personal loads of care
- People who will laugh with you when you are happy
- People who will cry with you when you are broken
- People who will pray for you when you are sick
- People who will comfort you when you are scared
- People who will hug you when you feel lonely
- People who do not think it strange to sing with you about Jesus
- People who genuinely miss you when you are not there
It is my privilege to be part of the Friendship Baptist Church in Stanfield, NC. I am blessed and honored to call these people my church family. I thank my God for these with whom I can love and serve my Lord. It is the Lord’s church, and He lets me be part of it.
Now more than ever, I thank my God for my church family. Now more than ever, I want to draw closer with my church family. Now more than ever, I want to be a blessing to my church family. Now more than ever, I want my children to know the people in their church family. Now more than ever, I want to resist the Devil for the sake of my church family. Now more than ever, I want to not only attend church but to be the church. Now more than ever, I want God to be thanked and praised for my church family.